Here are the top 10 best selling games from 2010 at retail. Download sales are not including in this data, but more than likely the rankings would hold about the same. Looking at the list, Halo: Reach was right up there, but you can see how the extra platforms helped to propel Black Ops into better positioning. It will be really interesting to see how Bungie’s next project fares. The Wii had the most exclusive titles in the top 10 with 3, while the 360 had one. The PS3 didn’t have any exclusives in there, though I imagine God of War III had to be close.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, Wii, PC, DS)
- Madden NFL 11 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP)
- Halo: Reach (360)
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)
- Red Dead Redemption (360, PS3)
- Wii Fit Plus (Wii)
- Just Dance 2 (Wii)
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (360, PS3, PC)
- Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (360, PS3)
- NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, PC)
Note: All games listed included their combined SKU numbers. For example, Call of Duty: Black Ops includes all standard, limited, and collector’s edition.