One of the biggest and most anticipated titles of 2008 has just gone gold. Fallout 3, due out on October 28th, is coming to PS3, Xbox 360, and PC, and it’s Bethesda’s most ambitious undertaking in company history. On the official web site for Fallout 3, Bethesda has stated that the game is receiving early acclaim and awards, and I think it’s easy to see why.
On the PC, Fallout 3 is going to require some hefty specs. Here are the specs Bethesda released:
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP/Vista
- 1GB System RAM (XP)/ 2GB System RAM (Vista)
- 2.4 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
- Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 256MB RAM (NVIDIA 6800 or better/ATI X850 or better)
Recommended System Requirements:
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 2 GB System RAM
- Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA 8800 series, ATI 3800 series
I’ll be picking the game up on the 360 simply because it allows me to play on a much larger screen, but I really don’t think you can go wrong with any platform. The game really does look impressive and it should prove to be one of the most engrossing experiences of 2008.
Source: http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home/pr-100908.php (gold) http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/info/faq.html (specs)