This doesn’t mean much, and it doesn’t tell us really anything new, but dang it, you’re going to keep reading because you can’t get enough of what I have to say. Yesterday I was visiting Amazon.com, a little web site you might have heard of, and I took a look at their top selling products in the video game section. I remember when fanboys used to draw on this to show just how awesome system A was or just how crappy system B must be based on what appeared on the list. Now, we all know Nintendo is doing quite well. At this point each NPD is like McDonald’s telling us how many hamburgers they’ve sold.
Anyway, this is what I saw on the top 10 list:
- Mario Kart Wii with Wii Wheel by Nintendo
- Wii Fit by Nintendo
- Wii Play with Wii Remote by Nintendo
- Rock Band Special Edition by MTV Games (Wii version)
- Official Nintendo Wii Wheel by Nintendo
- Wii by Nintendo
- Wii Remote Controller by Nintendo
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl by Nintendo
- Wii Nunchuk Controller by Nintendo
- Wireless Kama by Nyko (wireless Wii nunchuck)
Now that’s pretty insane. I would have expected a strong Nintendo presence at any given time, but I would never have guessed a complete Nintendo wash. I think it’s safe to say that all the analysts that called the Wii a fad were wrong. I know I’m going out on a limb there, but hey, I’m kind of crazy like that. I like Risk. The key is to getting Austrailia wrapped up early for the bonus troops per turn. Screw Greenland though, everybody hates Greenland.